Wednesday, June 27, 2007

I'M ASHAMED OF MY FALSE MEMORY

I apologize to those who have read my blog. Today I have made some corrections concerning my mentioning about THE BIRTH OF LOVE (1993, Philippe Garrel, A+). I wrote last week that some similar things between LE COEUR FANTOME and THE BIRTH OF LOVE include a story involving painting.

Today I deleted that sentence. Because I just realized a few minutes ago that I had been confused between THE BIRTH OF LOVE and LATE AUGUST, EARLY SEPTEMBER (1998, Olivier Assayas, A-). There is something concerning a painting in LATE AUGUST, EARLY SEPTEMBER, but I don’t think it is in THE BIRTH OF LOVE.

If I don’t remember it wrongly, in LATE AUGUST, EARLY SEPTEMBER, the character played by Mia Hansen-Love had something to do with a painting. But last week I thought that character was in THE BIRTH OF LOVE. I was wrong.

Below is a photo from ETOILE VIOLETTE (2005, Axelle Ropert), starring Lou Castel. He is also the main actor in THE BIRTH OF LOVE. The photo comes from http://www.allocine.fr/



No comments: