Sunday, August 19, 2007

I AM A VERY BIASED PERSON

This is my comment in BIOSCOPE WEBBOARD
http://www.bioscopemagazine.com/smf/index.php?topic=492.0

About YEMAR 2, I just noticed that there’s a big dog doll in the room of the police. It’s in the background of the police officers. I guess it’s the same doll which appears as a character (?) in DHAMMA (2007, Wattana Rujirojsakul, A+).

This is just my useless observation. I just love the big dog doll in DHAMMA very much. In that film, it was treated as if it was an injured living dog which a monk tries to heal. So I am glad to see it again in YEMAR 2. These two films also share the same leading actor. The monk in DHAMMA is the big police in YEMAR 2. I’m not sure if he is Wattana or not, but I think he is a great character actor.

The big dog doll in YEMAR 2 seems to serve no obvious purpose in the film. If it doesn’t appear in the film, the film will not change a little bit. However, I’m still very glad to see it.

This is in contrast with other films, in which the placing of objects seems to have some special meanings, such as the book DEATH NOTE which appears on the foreground of a scene in ALONE.

There’s another thing that I like in ALONE very much. It’s the friend of the heroine. She seems to contradict herself within a few seconds. She is the one who put some supernatural beliefs into the heroine’s head by suggesting that the call might be from the grave. But a few seconds later she suggests to the heroine that the ghost might be just an imagination. I think this friend is very funny.

The call from the grave in ALONE also reminds me of a scene in THE PHANTOM OF LIBERTY (Luis Bunuel, A+), while the ending of NORTH COLD (2007, Veramon Liptawat, A+) also reminds me of the ending of an Eric Rohmer’s film.

Sometimes I don’t understand myself. When I saw that Eric Rohmer’s film, the little twist at the end which gives a new romantic hope to the heartbroken heroine is not what I really like. I think it’s a kind of giving false hope to the audience. I wish Eric Rohmer didn’t end the film like that. But when I see the same ending appears in NORTH COLD, I just love it very much. Why is my feeling so different for the same kind of scene, for the same kind of ending, appearing in two different films. I guess it just shows that I am a very biased person, or I am very prejudiced. The main difference between the two films is just that Rohmer’s film is about heterosexuals, while NORTH COLD is about homosexuals and bisexuals. I seem to feel awkward with a happy ending in films about heterosexuals, but feel so glad with a happy ending in films about bisexuals. I can never be objective.



THIS IS MY COMMENT IN NEW SCREENOUT WEBBOARD
http://www.xq28.net/wow/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=192&p=33214#p33214


ยินดีกับคุณ sensitiveman ด้วยค่ะที่ได้สัมผัสกับหนุ่มยูเครน

วันนี้ขอแวะเข้ามาเชียร์ให้ไปดูหนังสั้นเรื่อง “ความลักลั่นของงานรื่นเริง” (THE BANGKOK BOURGEOIS PARTY) (2007, Prap Boonpan, 29 min, A++++++++++) ค่ะ หนังเรื่องนี้จะเปิดฉายในวันนี้เวลา 18.10-20.10 น. ที่โรงภาพยนตร์แกรนด์อีจีวี สยามดิสคัฟเวอร์รี่ โรงที่ 3 บัตรราคา 60 บาท THE BANGKOK BOURGEOIS PARTY เป็นหนังไทยที่ดิฉันชอบมากที่สุดในปีนี้ค่ะ

ดูรายละเอียดโปรแกรมการฉายได้ที่
http://www.bioscopemagazine.com/smf/index.php?topic=492.0


เมื่อวานนี้ได้ดูหนังเกย์ของไทยเรื่อง NORTH COLD (2006, Veramon Liptawat, 24 min, A+++++) หรือ “หนาวเหนือ” ชอบสุดๆเลยค่ะ หนังอาจจะไม่ได้ดีอะไรมากนัก แต่เป็นหนังที่ตอบสนองกิเลสของดิฉันได้อย่างดีมากๆ และตัวละครในหนังเรื่องนี้ก็เหมือนเพื่อนสนิทของดิฉันอย่างมากๆ

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

เรียน คุณ MADELIENE

ขอบคุณมากครับ ที่คุณแสดงความชื่นชมต่อ "หนังสั้น" เรื่องล่าสุดของผมอย่างมากในหลาย ๆ เว็บบอร์ด และช่วยประชาสัมพันธ์ให้ "หนังสั้น" เรื่องนี้กลายเป็นที่รู้จักของผู้คนในแวดวงคนรักหนัง จนทำให้ผมได้รับเสียงตอบรับจากคนดูเป็นจำนวนมาก อย่างที่ไม่เคยได้รับมาก่อนจาก "หนังสั้น" เรื่องอื่น ๆ ของตัวเอง
เมื่อผมได้อ่านความเห็นต่าง ๆ ที่สะท้อนกลับมายัง "หนังสั้น" ของผมแล้ว ก็รู้สึกดีใจมาก ๆ ครับ ที่ "หนังสั้น" ของตัวเอง สามารถทำให้คนดูหลายคนได้ครุ่นคิดต่อ จนนำไปสู่ความคิดเห็นที่น่าสนใจหลายประเด็น (นับตั้งแต่บทความของคุณ filmsick ที่ทำให้ผมทึ่งมาก ๆ มาจนถึง ความคิดเห็นล่าสุดของคนดูในเว็บบอร์ดของนิตยสารไบโอสโคป)
ด้วยเหตุนี้ ผมจึงอยากสนทนากับความคิดเห็นต่าง ๆ เหล่านั้นครับ โดยผมได้ปรึกษากับคุณชาย ไชยชิต ผู้กำกับ "หนังสั้น" เรื่อง ผีมะขาม ไพร่ฟ้า ประชาธิปไตย ในคืนที่ลมพัดหวน (ซึ่งก็ได้รับเสียงตอบรับที่น่าสนใจจำนวนมากเช่นกัน) และเป็นนักแสดงใน "หนังสั้น" สองเรื่องล่าสุดของผม ว่าเราจะทำ weblog (อย่างง่าย ๆ) เกี่ยวกับ "หนังสั้น" ของพวกเราขึ้นมา ซึ่งสิ่งแรกที่เราอยากจะเขียนใน weblog ดังกล่าว ก็คือ การสนทนากับเสียงตอบรับหลากหลายเสียง ที่คนดูหลาย ๆ คนได้กรุณาแสดงความคิดเห็นต่อ "หนังสั้น" ของพวกเรา
เมื่อพวกเราจัดทำ weblog ดังกล่าวเรียบร้อยแล้ว ผมจะแจ้งให้คุณ MADELIENE ได้รับทราบอีกครั้งหนึ่งครับ

celinejulie said...

แล้วจะรออ่าน BLOG ของคุณปราปต์ + คุณชาย ไชยชิตนะคะ เมื่อวานได้ไปดูหนังเรื่องนี้รอบสอง เห็นคณะนักแสดงมากันทั้งกลุ่มเลย (ถ้าจำหน้าไม่ผิด) ได้ดูหนังเรื่องนี้รอบสองแล้วรู้สึกมีความสุขมากๆ และรู้สึกว่าเป็นเหตุบังเอิญที่แปลกดี ที่หนังเรื่องนี้ได้ฉายใน “วันสำคัญวันหนึ่งแห่งประวัติศาสตร์ประเทศไทย”