Friday, March 07, 2008

VASAN SITTHIKET:"SHIT IS BEAUTY. SHIT IS VIRTUE. SHIT IS THE TRUTH."

I apologize if my writing has been smelling badly lately. Anyway, writing about some scatological subjects in some posts below reminds me of one of the funniest films I saw last year. It’s TO REACH THE MARS (Vasan Sitthiket, Thailand, A+++++). In this film (or video), we see a guy trying to create an advertisement for a detergent with the brand name “SHIT”. And we see some advertising slogans he wrote on paper. I think he wrote about 10 slogans, and they were very funny, and I laughed a lot. But I regret I didn’t note down all these slogans. I couldn’t remember most of them now. Did anyone see this film and can still remember some slogans written in this flm? If you can remember the slogans or the sentences in this film, please tell me. I would greatly appreciate it.

If I don’t remember it wrongly, the slogans Vasan Sitthiket wrote in TO REACH THE MARS include:

1.SHIT IS BEAUTY

2.SHIT IS VIRTUE

3.SHIT IS THE TRUTH.


After he had written about ten sentences, he kept repeating the words shit shit shit shit shit…and turned himself around and around. It is one of the funniest scenes I saw last year.

Though we hear and see the word “shit” many times in TO REACH THE MARS, it doesn’t cause any disgust in the viewers, because in this case we know that the word “shit” here is really metaphorical. I think it stands for bad commercial products which are deceptively promoted or advertised as very good things.

No comments: