Thursday, April 17, 2008

LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA (2007, Mike Newell, B+)

This is my comment in Dechito’s blog:
http://dechito.blogspot.com/2008/04/love-in-time-of-cholera.html

I haven’t read any of Marquez’s writing, though I have seen a few films adapted by his work. As for LOVE IN THE TIME OF CHOLERA (2007, Mike Newell, B+), I think the film is watchable, though there seems to be too many events happening in the film. I don’t know if the story had better be adapted into a TV miniseries than a film or not.

My most favorite scene in the film is when Ofelia is banished from the house by Fermina. I want to applaud Fermina for doing the right thing. People like Ofelia deserve this kind of punishment.

My most favorite films adapted from Marquez’s writing are:

1.NO ONE WRITES TO THE COLONEL (1999, Arturo Ripstein)
I think Matthew and you saw this film.

2.ERENDIRA (1983, Ruy Guerra)

3.I’M THE ONE YOU’RE LOOKING FOR (1988, Jaime Chavarri, Spain)

No comments: