Monday, August 04, 2008

WHICH FILMS ARE IN ANNA KARINA EYES?

Sonthaya told me to see the following music video: ANNA KARINA EYES. The video is a compilation of found footage from famous 1960’s films.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2naCpBFMM0s

In the video, I only recognize these films:

1.LAST YEAR AT MARIENBAD
2.LA DOLCE VITA
3.BELLE DE JOUR
4.CLEO FROM 5 TO 7
5.AU HASARD BALTHAZAR
6.PERSONA
7.JULES AND JIM
8.BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

There are many other films which I don’t know. Could you tell me the titles of the other films in this video?



--I also like this clip very much: PLACER DE GEMIDOS (2008, Mike DeKalb)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOhDnnQPnT8

The clip is made from the found footage of GEMIDOS DE PLACER (1982, Jess Franco)
http://esotika.blogspot.com/2007/06/gemidos-de-placer-jess-franco-1982.html

7 comments:

Matthew Hunt said...

It's a great video and song. There's also a song called BETTE DAVIS EYES which was quite famous in the 1980s. It sort of reminds me of WHERE DO YOU GO TO MY LOVELY? (1960s) which was about Sofia Loren (I think).

I can only add four more to your list.

The woman being tied up is from Bresson's THE TRIAL OF JOAN OF ARC.

The Man with a rope tied to his foot is from Fellini's 8 1/2 [from the dream sequence at the start of the film].

The guy smoking is Jean-Paul Belmondo from Godard's BREATHLESS [he rubs his lips in homage to Humphrey Bogart].

The three people dancing are from Godard's BAND A PART [in a sequence which inspired the 'twist contest' dance scene in PULP FICTION].

Mat.

celinejulie said...

Thank you very much, Mat. I didn't know about WHERE DO YOU GO TO MY LOVELY? before. :-)

Matthew Hunt said...

It used to be one of my favourite songs (when I was in a 1960s phase; I also liked I'M A BELIEVER by The Monkees, and anything by The Kinks).

Anonymous said...

If I'm not wrong,

A man playing piano is from Truffaut's Shoot the Piano Player

The sliding coffin and a brief disco-like scene are from Bunuel's Simon of the Desert

Thanks for the video, it's really nice.

celinejulie said...

Galapapruek, thank you very much for your answer.

Matthew, thank you very much for your recommendations. I just listened to WHERE DO YOU GO TO, MY LOVELY? and like it a lot. I also like the music video of Kim Carnes’ BETTY DAVIS EYES, because it looks very 1980’s.

weepingsam said...

Very neat. I also noticed shots from Contempt (Bridgitte Bardot), Mouchette (the ending), definitely L'Aventura (Monica Vitti on the train) - there are other shots of Vitti that might be from L'Ecclisse, as well... And I think there are shots of Karina from Vivre sa Vie as well as Band a Parte... The lyrics quote Masculine Feminine (Marx and coca cola), and I think some of the shots are from that as well, though I'm not positive... It's pretty cool, anyway...

celinejulie said...

Weepingsam, thank you very much for your answer. I saw CONTEMPT, L’AVVENTURA, and THE ECLIPSE many years ago, and was not sure at all if the shots in this music video are from these films or not. Now I have no doubt about it. :-)