Monday, January 10, 2011

HEREAFTER (2010, Clint Eastwood, A+)

This is the photo of Marthe Keller who plays Dr. Rousseau in HEREAFTER. I like Marthe very much when she stars in THE AVIGNON PROPHECY (2007, David Delrieux, A+) as the high priestess of the "Servants of Sara" cult.

My most favorite scene in HEREAFTER may be the scene in which Matt Damon is eating alone in his room, because it reminds me of my own life. Why do eating scenes in films usually present more than one person in the scene? I have dinner alone in my room nearly every day in my life. Are there any other impressive scenes of a character eating alone in a room in any films, apart from the ones in HEREAFTER, AFTERNOON TIMES (2005, Tossapol Boonsinsukh), DINING TIME (2006, Shigeaki Iwai), NIGHTFALL (2008, Rouzbeh Rashidi), and, well, THE PHANTOM OF LIBERTY (1974, Luis Buñuel)?



No comments: