Monday, October 17, 2011

30 DAY CINEPHILE CHALLENGE PHASE II DAY 1

30 DAY CINEPHILE CHALLENGE -- PHASE II: TESTING YOUR CINEPHILIA

http://www.facebook.com/pages/30-Day-Cinephile-Challenge/184987868220596?sk=info

Phase II Day 1: Your favorite surrealist film. -- TAKE THE 5:10 TO DREAMLAND (1976, Bruce Conner)

I'm not sure what "surrealist film" means. But if I have to choose an "extremely unexplainable" film that I love the most, it will be TAKE THE 5:10 TO DREAMLAND. This film defies logic.





2 comments:

Steven Fama said...

Yes, yes and yes to this film. Not only are the images logic-defying (in other words, poetic and reverie-inducing), the black-out moments Conner inserted between each image get the mind (give the brain space to start) whirling....

celinejulie said...

I totally agree with you, and I like your description of the film very much. I think it's one of the films which are very hard to describe :-)