Monday, August 27, 2012

LA FRANCE QUI SE LÈVE TÔT (2011, Hugo Chesnard, France, A+)


I think LA FRANCE QUI SE LÈVE TÔT (2011, Hugo Chesnard, France, A+) is very creative, but somehow its creativity (the musical element) does not allow me to feel the pain of the victim as much as another film dealing with the same situation. I think LA FRANCE QUI SE LÈVE TÔT is made from a true story, because I have seen a feature film dealing with the same situation--passengers in an airplane protest the brutality of the police handling the deportation of an immigrant. I'm not sure if this feature film is ILLÉGAL (2010, Olivier Masset-Depasse, Belgium, A+15) or not, because I have seen so many European films dealing with illegal immigrants. But I think when this real situation is portrayed in a realistic-dramatic way, like in ILLÉGAL, it can make me feel the pain much more than in LA FRANCE QUI SE LÈVE TÔT.


No comments: