Friday, February 28, 2014

SEPARATION (1968, Jack Bond, UK, A+30)


SEPARATION (1968, Jack Bond, UK, A+30)

 

SEPARATION (1968, Jack Bond) will be screened at Thammasat University Library, Ta Prachan Campus, on Sunday, March 2, 2014, at 1230hrs. The film is selected by Graiwoot Chulphongsathorn. The details of the program in Thai can be found here:


 

As for me, I think the film reminds me of the energy of many New Wave filmmakers of that period. Some parts of SEPARATION remind me of Jean-Luc Godard of the French New Wave, and some parts remind me of the Czech New Wave. Seeing SEPARATION makes me think it would be interesting to compare and contrast this film with other films of that period, such as WALKOVER (1965, Jerzy Skolimowski) from the Polish New Wave, LOVE IS COLDER THAN DEATH (1969, Rainer Werner Fassbinder) from the German New Wave, or CHARLES, DEAD OR ALIVE (1969, Alain Tanner) from the Swiss New Wave. These films are very different from each other, but comparing them together might yield something interesting.

 

Some photos from this film:

No comments: